The Buccleuch Centre could not function without its loyal army of volunteers. Covering such tasks as front of house, duty managers, box office clerks and coffee shop helpers our willing band of volunteers give their time freely and generously. Take a look at some of the duties involed in each roles below then, if you have some time to spare and would like to become involved, complete this form HERE expressing which areas you are interested in and we will contact you for an informal chat.
What you can do...
- Front of House: we have up to 4 Front of House volunteers for each show, they show people to their seats and generally help our audience should they need it and sell ice cream during the interval, they can also sit in at the show if they want.
- Duty Managers: we have 2 Duty Manager for each show, these are people that usually have had some experience of being Front of House volunteers and they are responsible for the smooth running of the venue whilst the show is on, they liaise with the artists, ensure the show starts on time and that the building is left safe and secure at the end of the evening.
- Box Office Staff: our Box Office is staffed by volunteers from 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm Monday to Friday and from 10am-12pm on Saturdays, it also staffed for an hour before a show starts. If you have basic computer skills, you might like to consider joining the Box Office team.
- The Coffee Shop: Our Coffee Shop is open from 10.30am-2.00pm Tuesday to Friday and also for Langholm Producers Market and other events that are held at weekends. We have a Barista on duty but we also have volunteers who wait on table and help serve.
- Pre Show Suppers: Before many of our shows we offer a pre theatre supper, our volunteers help to lay the tables in the afternoon and also to meet and greet diners and to show them to their tables.
Many of our volunteers do several of the above, you can pick and choose each month what you do, there is no obligation to do any at all if you're not available, it is very flexible and you only do as much as you want to. So, if any of the above volunteering opportunites appeal to you then please call and chat to us, the bigger our team is the less demands are put on them, it's great fun and a good way of meeting people.
The Buccleuch Centre is a registered charity and could not exist without your support and generosity.